What is covered?
In addition to the extensive cover afforded by our Secure Plan, the Platinum Plan includes all of the vehicle’s mechanical and electrical components that were the manufacturer’s original fitments excluding those listed in the ‘Components not Covered’ section of this plan.
- Maintenance cover, as part of this plan in the event of the failure of any covered parts, we will pay the replacement costs of those parts and labour. This cover also includes the costs of any repairs following a Manufacturer’s Recommended Service, provided that the terms and conditions of this plan are fully complied with. The number of claims you can make under this plan is unlimited within the plan period, however, the maximum amount claimable per claim will be subject to the claim limit selected and in aggregate the market value of the vehicle at the time of claim. Please refer to your Schedule for details of the claim limit and labour rate applicable to your plan.
- Engine Cylinder head, cylinder head gasket, cylinder block, cylinder bores, rocker assembly, valves and guides, pushrods, camshaft and cam followers, ECU, EGR valve, inlet manifold, dual mass flywheel and ring gear, intercooler, crankshaft, crank bearings, big end bearings, oil pump, conrods, small end bearings, pistons, piston rings, rocker shaft, rockers, hydraulic lifters, inlet and exhaust valves, valve springs, valve guides, inlet manifold, timing gears and chains, auxiliary shafts and bushes, distributor drive and distributor drive gears (excluding sticking or burnt valves and oil leaks).
- Cooling System Radiator, heater matrix, heater motor, oil cooler, engine thermostat and housing, water pump, viscous fan.
- Fuel System Carburettor, fuel injection pump and fuel lift pump, fuel metering unit, airflow meter, choke low-pressure supply pump, injectors, fuel injector governor, fuel shut-off mechanism, hydraulic or electrical injection timing mechanism, high-pressure fuel metering head, manifold boost pressure compensator, altitude compensator, glow plug relay, brake vacuum pump.
- Driveline Crown wheel, pinion gears, planet gears, bearings, bushes transfer gears, selectors, shafts, transfer shafts, needle and roller bearings, output shafts, open drive shafts including constant velocity joints, universal joints and couplings, rear wheel drive half shafts, half shaft bearings, front and rear transfer shafts, planetary gear assembly, crown wheel and pinion assembly, internal shafts, bearings and bushes, thrust washers, spacers, bevel gears, front, rear and centre differential, swivel hubs, drive flanges, viscous couplings and fluid differentials, prop shaft, universal joints and couplings (excluding gaiters).
- Gearbox Mechatronic Unit, governor, valve block, oil pump, clutch and brake bands, servos, clutches, seals, bearings and bushes. gears and gear clusters, selectors and shafts, synchromesh assemblies and hubs, torque converter, ball and roller bearings, valve block, governors, needle bearings and transfer gears, continuously variable transmission, and torque converter.
- Clutch Release bearing, friction plate, pressure plate, clutch fork, master cylinder, slave cylinder.
- Steering and Suspension System Steering rack and pinion, power steering unit including pump, power steering box and idler box self-levelling suspension, compressor and control unit, shock absorbers and road springs.
- Braking System Master cylinder, servo, wheel cylinders, brake bias/restrictor valve, callipers, vacuum pump, motor and sensors, ABS pump and sensors.
- Electrical Starter motor, alternator, window motor, engine management unit, mirror motors, ignition coils, electric ignition, wiper motors, washer motor, thermostatically controlled cooling fan motor, speedometer head, horn, headlight motors, central locking motors, convertible roof and sunroof motor, alternator, voltage regulator, sensors including O2, parking and NOx sensor.
- Casings: Consequential damage to casings caused by the failure of a covered component will constitute part of the total claim (within the stated claim limits).
- Aircon Compressor, condenser, evaporator, drier, fan motors.
- Turbo Charger Bearings, shafts, impellers, wastegate and valves.
- Diagnostics Provided printed copies from computerised or handheld devices are supplied.
- Working Materials Should any authorised repair to any of the above components require essential replacement or topping up of lubricants, oils or coolant or replacement of the oil filter these shall be covered as part of the total claim (within the stated claim limits).
Components NOT covered section: Those regarded as service items or components, which are expected to require periodic replacement. These include, but are not limited to: wheels and tyres, spark plugs, glow plugs, wiper blades and arms, auxiliary drive belts, pipes, hoses and cables, SRS airbag systems, seized brake callipers, brake shoes, pads and discs, batteries, lamps and bulbs, fuses, wiring connections and looms, satellite navigation, communication equipment, multimedia systems, remote control transmitters and receivers, bodywork, paintwork, all-weather strip and seals, water ingress, all glass including heater elements, trim, upholstery including seat runners. Timing belts: are covered providing that the last due change of belt has taken place as specified by the manufacturer’s schedules (proof required). Damage subsequently caused if the timing belt has not been changed, as specified by the manufacturer, is specifically excluded.
Please note: Those components covered are covered against breakdown, the replacement of oil filters, lubricants, antifreeze and fluids is included provided the replacement is necessitated by the failure of a covered component and the vehicle is not within 1,000 miles of its next due service. The following are specifically excluded;
- Any breakdown resulting from wear and tear and/or where a part is worn out.
- Any act of breakdown, maintenance or repair is normally covered by a comprehensive motor insurance policy.
- External oil leaks.
- Any failure or breakdown of a part which is under any manufacturer’s or supplier’s warranty.
- Any MOT failure due to exhaust emission.
- The costs of repair to parts are not included in your plan.